Learn to cook,
At Umami Shop, we believe in sharing with you the full culinary experience which goes beyond shopping in our store.
Learn umami ways of cooking and be able to enjoy your new cooking skills.
We teach worldwide cuisines, some of them include Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Italian, French, German cuisines, and also vegetarian cooking. All of our classes are hands-on. We show and teach cooking skills, and cook up conversation while we're at it! Each class is full of fun and informative sessions, and everyone participates in the cooking activities.
Cooking class features:
- Hands-on learning.
- Everyone participates in creating all dishes being taught.
- Each class is also a sitdown tasting, including all dishes made, as well as a number of complimentaries.
- Wine pairings.
With your hands-on experience in class and the detailed recipes of the dishes being taught, you will be able to cook independently at home.
- Copies of the detailed recipes of the dishes being taught.
- Some complimentaries, such as rice, tea, soya sauce, chili sauce, wasabi, pickled ginger, etc.
- All necessary features for tasting sessions.
How to register:
Most of our cooking classes are private, but we also hold a few scheduled classes. Our classes are for groups of 4 to 6 people. An 18% gratuity will be added during registration.
Register in-store today! Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
We do team-building and group bookings!
Interested? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Cancellation and change policy:
- All participants must acknowledge the Cancellation & Change Policy prior to registering for any cooking class.
- All cooking classes are non-refundable and must be paid for when booked.
- GST will be applied to all cooking class fees.
- More than 14 days' notice to Umami Shop by email or phone: No refunds. Participants will be eligible to reschedule to a future class.
- Less than 14 days' notice to Umami Shop: No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed, however we welcome you to send someone in your place.
- No Notice: Where a participant fails to inform Umami Shop or fails to attend registered class – NO rescheduled class will be issued.
- Gift Certificate Use: Where a participant intends to use a gift certificate and is unable to attend a class, the above cancellation policy is in effect. All gift certificates will be debited or voided as applicable.
- When redeeming a gift certificate, the gift certificate must be redeemed upon registration to confirm a spot in the class.
German Cuisine with Sven
Sat January 6 | 6:00 pm | $129 per person
French Cuisine with Chef Chanaka
Sat January 13 | 6:00 pm | $169 per person
Includes wine pairing
With Allison and Angela | Bring Tupperware!
Wed January 17 | 6:00 pm | $69 per person
Salad Roll Workshop with Allison
Wed January 24 | 6:00 pm | $39 per person
Indian Cuisine with Chef Chanaka
Sat January 27 | 6:00 pm | $129 per person
Tips and prep for mothers' after-birth diet, care, and "sitting" for 30 days
Wed January 31 | 6:00 pm | Free
With Esther & Patricia
Mon January 29 | 6:00 pm | $70 per person
Sat February 3 | 6:00 pm | $169 per person
Wed February 7 | 6:00 pm | $69 per person
Valentine's Day Couples Workshop
Tacos and Sushi Japaneiro Style
Wed February 14 | 6:30 pm | $199 per couple
Sat February 24 | 6:00 pm | $129 per person
Salad Roll Workshop
Wed March 14 | 6:00 pm | $39 per person
Sat March 17 | 6:00 pm | $129 per person
Pad Thai Workshop
Sat March 19 | 6:30 pm | $29 per person
Pad Thai Workshop
Mon April 2 | 4:00 pm | $29 per person
Wed April 11 | 6:00 pm | $39 per person
Wed April 18 | 6:00 pm | $69 per person
Thai Curry Workshop
Mon May 7 | 6:30 pm | $29 per person
Salad Roll Workshop
Wed May 9 | 6:00 pm | $39 per person
Sat May 12 | 6:00 pm | $149 per person
Mon May 14 | 6:30 pm | $25 per person
Tue May 15 | 6:30 pm | $49 per person
Mon May 21 | 4:00 pm | $39 per person